Other Ways to Give
- Matching Gifts - A Simple Way to Increase the Impact of Your Gift
- Many employers match charitable contributions made by their employees, and in some cases will also match donations made by spouses, retirees and board members.
- The matching gifts program is a perfect opportunity to increase both your contribution and your membership benefits without added cost to you. Over 1,000 companies and foundations across the United States will match their employees' cash or volunteer gifts to non-profit organizations like CMT. Contact your human resources department for details about your company's matching gift program.
- Gifts of Stock
- Appreciated securities are perhaps the most cost-effective assets to use in making a gift. Stock gifts can be a cost effective way to donate. A gift of stock that has been held for more than one year allows you to claim a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the donated stock, even if the stock's original cost to you was less than its current value. In addition, there is no capital gains tax due on the stock's appreciation. Please contact
- In-Kind Donations
- Companies can also help with in-kind donations of goods or services. CMT gratefully accepts discounts on goods and services. For more information on in-kind donations and to receive a copy of our Wish List, please contact
For assistance regarding matching, stock or in-kind donations, please contact Sean Book, Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.288.5437 x313